Re: Mouse not aligned in X

Osamu Aoki wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 04:48:58PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
Just installed Woody. imps2 mouse on /dev/psaux works fine, except that the "sweet spot" where the click takes place is off-centered to the left of where the actual click is made by about the width of a close button (the X in the upper right hand corner of a window) in icewm.

This happens both in icewm and in KDE.

The console mouse (gpm) seems to work fine. I've tried the X mouse with and without gpm (configuring X to look to /dev/gpmdata and /dev/psaux respectively).

Any clues?

no but why not upgrade to X 4.2 in testing :)

I had strange freeze problem on 3dfx which was solved by this upgrade.
Yeah, I'm uprading the entire system, but it's over dial-up, so it's gonna take a day and a half, and I only have a couple of hours left before I have to leave this physical location. So I'll leave it upgrading, and will contact the owner of the computer in a day or two to see if the upgrade made a difference.

Kent