Re: Desktop productivity with Debian GNU/LINUX

Hello John,

Although Debian is my favorite distribution for several years, and although
for me installation of debian is only a snap (me only), I would still
recommend going with another distribution to start with. here is my
recommendations:
1. have at least one day or one weekend devoted to installing, tweaking and
learning the basics of Linux.
2. Mandrake in my opinion is still the friendliest distribution to install,
give it another try (now at version 9.0)
3. once you know your way around linux, install Debian and enjoy it.

just remember persistence help and we are all here to help out. and remember
this, once you know your way around Linux you will wonder how you lived
without it :)

good luck