Re: Lilo and vga=791

Hi Yall & Sridhar,

just change it too

vga=791

for each option you want too; no append statement is needed.

That way, you can have multiple resolutions available @ boot time.

Well, try it with one & see how that goes. The above is how I work mine :-)

*BFN*

H :-)

Arrogant dragon will have cause to repent

Sridhar M.A. wrote:

I am facing a peculiar problem while booting with a kernel which has framebuffer support.
My lilo.conf is as follows:

 root=/dev/hda
 map=/boot/map
 install=/boot/boot-bmp.b

 bitmap=/boot/ins64a.bmp
 bmp-colors=14,11,,15,9,0
 bmp-table=21,287p,2,4,175p
 bmp-timer=73,29,12,8,0

 default="deb"
 lba32
 prompt
 timeout=1200

 image=/vmlinuz
   label="deb"
   root=/dev/hda3
   append="vga=791"
   read-only
 image=/vmlinuz.old
   label="old"
   root=/dev/hda3
   append="vga=791"
   read-only
 image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19-16mdk
   label=mdk9
   root=/dev/hda9
   append="vga=791"
   read-only
 other=/dev/hda1
   label=dos
   table=/dev/hda

But when I choose 'deb', the system boots in 80x25 graphical mode,
rather than 1024x768x64K mode. Surprisingly, it does if I pass the
option vga=791 on the command line. FWIW, I am running sarge and the
lilo version is 1:22.3.3-2. Has anyone faced something similar?

Given a chance, I would like to use grub, but I _cannot_ with my present
motherboard :-(

Regards,