sound card detection problem

hi there:

I am installing woody on a system with creative vibra 128 sound card.
Previously I had Mandrake 9.0 and RedHat 7.3 installed on this
system and they both detected this soundcard without a problem.
However debain is not able to do so (when ever I try playing a sound
file, it gives me a "unable to open sound device" error message),
and I am not sure what module shall I load for this card (openning
modconf and going to the sound card section, I can see no vibra
or creative module). I have loaded the OSS and the soundcore
modules, but it seems they were not enough. Any ideas?

Cheers
--
/*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.