2.5.58 and Woody

Dear all,

After a while,
I finally able to boot my woody box with 2.5.58 kernel.

It goes this way:
- download the source
- compile the usual way (not using make-kpkg), make config, make dep, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install, make install.

- in modules_install it failed.
--> solved by installing rusty russel module-init-tools (manual compile but not installed, just put it in my ~/tmp/, I just need the depmod)

- after that, it succeed to install.
- configure lilo --> /sbin/lilo --> reboot.

- with vga=791 I got a blank screen, though it seems to booting on the background.
- setting vga=normal in the boot cmdline, I get the output.

- I get X running, and almost everything else but sound, and I haven't check my pcmcia ethernet card, too.

When I boot and halt it, I get lots of unresolved symbol message, but I guess that's because I didn't install the module-init-tools.

Anybody like to confirm this?

Best regards,
arief_mulya