Solved: Software that can be used with MSN

Thanks to all who offerred suggestions for software that can be used with
MSN. Sorry about late follow-up, things have been rather busy down here.

All suggestions show that there are plenty of solutions for messaging, but
only one (so far) for Hotmail.

Gotmail is the package of choice for downloading email from Hotmail.
Although one cannot send mail via Hotmail using this set of Perl scripts
(as far as I can see at least), downloading is easy. I found that login
protocols for Hotmail change often, so one needs to use the latest version
available. Version from Woody is rather old, so I needed to use the version
from unstable. Perhaps this version from unstable can be moved to stable to
avoid confusion(?). As far as I can tell, there are no clashes with
anything, scrpits work fine. The package just provides an updated Perl
script (I think the package is gotmail-0.7.x.deb (not sure of the last
number)). It would be just useless having an outdated package that does
absolutely nothing...

As far as messenger client is concerned, there are plenty of solutions.
Programs that I tried so far are gaim and everybuddy (even though it's out
of date), but I 'll try other solutions suggested. Everybuddy works, but
I'll try others just for fun! Other solutions that have been suggested are
amsn and gabber, licq, etc, etc.... There are just so many options!

Thanks again guys, you are of great help!!!

Davor