Re: how to determine hd partitioning?

hi ya

assuming your disk is intact
	fdisk -l /dev/hdd

and add/guess which partitions belong to which mountpoint

mount /dev/hdd1  /mnt/test
ls -la /mnt/test  to guess if its /var or /usr or /home
umount /mnt/test

when you're all done ....
	fdisk -l /dev/hdd > /etc/safe-place/rc.parition.txt
	cat /etc/fstab >> /etc/safe-place/rc.partiton.txt
	( a [cr/h]acker might wanna casue you grief w/o doing rm -rf )

c ya
alvin