Re: Can't start X with Nvidia

* Sridhar M.A. (mas@uomphysics.net) wrote:
> I just got a new motherboard and cpu: asus a7n266-vm with amd xp 1800. I
> currently having about 128MiB of DDRAM. In the bios I have set the agp
> ram to 32MiB. The machine is currently running sarge.
I have the same board, and ran into problems with it.  If you want,
you could run startx with a verbose setting, and send me the output
backchannel.  One thing I am aware of is that you should _not_ have
agpgart compiled into the kernel.

You need also to be certain that you have the right driver.  If you
have libglx.a in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions, you need to move
it or rename it -- there should be a file named libglx.so in that

Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast