Re: Nautilus load problems

Greetings,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Robert Rati wrote:
> I'm running unstable with gnome2, and nautilus has recently started
> going nuts.  When nautilus tries to load, it takes 100% of the CPU and
> then endlessly starts popping up windows, all of which fail to load
> properly.  It spews out error messages and takes up all the processing
> cycles on my machine.  It used to work just fine, but I tried to bring
> up gnome-control-center and it went haywire (which previously worked
> just fine).  I've tried completely removing nautilus (purge) and
> re-installing and completely destroying my gnome config, but any time I
> try to load nautilus, this happens.  The old version of nautlius(v1)
> does not have this problem.  Does any one have any idea what is causing
> this problem or how to fix it?  Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately I cannot help you - I wish I could... but I can verify
that nautilus in unstable became 'really unstable' after the recent
upgrade (try clicking a few times while browsing files...). In fact it's
hardly usable now.
I hope the bugs will be fixed soon (although I haven't seen your
specific bug  at Gnome Bug Tracker website).

Regards,

--
=== Marcin Fusinski - qrchaque@master.pl ===
+++++ Glogow MASTERnet SETI User Group +++++