Re: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 07:12:34AM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> environment full time, I finally decided to put RedHat 5.1 on my PC. After
> ignoring the moron at Future Shop who told me that you couldn't dual boot a
> PC, I dual booted it just fine between Linux and '95. It didn't take long

A sales droid at the place where I bought the current incarnation of
Ursine (and not one of the techs working the sales floor, but an
actual full-on marketroid) claimed the same thing and promised $200
off and a free 21" monitor if I could prove him wrong.

20 minutes later I started my first trip with one of the first 900 MHz
boxes to come out, and an hour later I made my second trip to get the
monitor.[1]

[1] Bicycle with cargo trailers can move anything.  I've moved a sofa
and a fridge with them myself, though had to rent larger trailers.
Eugene-Springfield School District contracts Pedaler's Express to go
shuttle up to 1000 pounds at a time around town on Long Haul cargo
bikes made by Human Powered Machines.  Half thinking about getting one
of those Long Hauls to make grocery runs a one-trip deal.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user