Re: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:30:54PM -0700, Scott  --sidewalking-- wrote:
> I wonder if all (or most) of you are in similar careers and that is
> why you are so proficient with compiling and testing and tweaking
> all of this stuff.  Or is it just a hobby that has gone on for so
> long that you have advanced your knowledge of Linux/Debian to these
> levels that all of you are at?

Yeah, the later -- a hobby ...
For me, it first began when a good friend of mine introduced me to
LaTeX and installed a version for DOS onto my computer. Back then,
it's been some years now, I used to consider my simple documents as
"real programs" and wanted to try it all out! 8-) So I got Linux
and started scripting, ending up with Perl. That used to be my
biggest wish -- besides, of course, publishing my first book of poetry!
Well, I've achieved both and have to start thinking about writing a
new one soon. Just that my scripting gets in the way sometimes. It's
a funny mixture, that. Seems like my alter-ego is a hacker!

I'm a student of comparative literature and literature stays
my priority.

	andrej

NB:	Have you noticed how good such a thread feels (since we've
	had one before), turning hackers into people?

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates