(in)SANE

Greetings...

I have been hacking away at BSD/Linux for the past three years and have done fairly well with very little help and no support. I have been through several flavors of vendors, and am finding Debian to be fine. I am using using woody and have two areas of trouble which I would like to resolve.

First, I have a Kodak USB Picture Card Reader (Shuttle Technologies) that I cannot configure and use. I think it is mostly use.

Second, I have two scanners. The first is a Scanport 3000 on a parallel cable. It uses the Microtek V600 drivers in Windows without a glitch. The other is a Visioneer 5300 One Touch on a USB cable (seems primaxscan might work here).

I have followed the How-To to no avail in every case above. My computer is a Slot1 Celeron 400 w/192Mb ram and my gui is WindowMaker :) What I really need is a step by step walk-through to get it right.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark