Re: Really, really nice monitor

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 02:52, Gary Turner wrote:
> Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
>
> >No - I haven't seen one, nor heard of one. I had a client today ask me
> >if there are graphic cards and monitors available on the 16:9
> >proportions, as is the digital tv and plasma screen format. I honestly
> >haven't heard or seen any, and thought I'd throw the question out here
> >in case someone has seen anything that Linux will support - both the
> >device and the corresponding graphics card.
>
> With apologies to CCR, Keep On Googlin'.  I found this with my first
> search parameters:
> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/jandr/sony-office-products-monitors---displays.html
>
> Also from google, try ATI 128MB AGP Video Card with RADEON 9700 PRO 3D
> Chip.
>
> I imagine you can take this up and run with it.
> --
> gt           kk5st@sbcglobal.net
> The advice is free, and worth every cent.

Thx - I tried Googling, but I wasn't coming up with the right search
terms to get anything other than the televisions, although watching
Bloomberg UK, I see them using these side-by-side as their data
terminals (Wide screen tv seems to be making good inroads in Britain as
people migrate beyond the previous 5 channel universe by moving to
digital terrestrial.)

Says something when you are dealing with so much data that you need two
wide screen monitors to work through things. At least now I can throw
some $$$ information at this client in case he thinks he can justify
this - he is coding realtime data analysis systems, and has mentioned
about being able to run the reporting application in its normal 4:3
format, with an xterm and emacs on the side. Might be more likely to be
cheaper with xinerama and two cards and monitors for now...
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org