Re: Sendmail hangs at startup

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 21:52, Steve Mayer wrote:
> Riccardo,
>
>   Try adding your local machines hostname and IP address in here.  Not
>   just the localhost entry.  Sendmail is hanging because it cannot
>   resolve your hostname.

I am not in a local network, my machine is a laptop and I access
internet using the wireless lan of the university trough a dhcp server,
so I don't really know what else to add in /etc/hosts
I have tried also to add an '&' in the /etc/init.d/sendmail script, but
it doesn't work, and I get an error message sayng that the syntax of the
script is not correct.
Btw, I have the same problem even using exim instead of sendmail.
Bye,
      Riccardo