Re: Compiling new kernel modules

Alex Malinovich wrote:
I've been rolling my own kernel using make-kpkg and the other wonderful
tools we Debianites have at our disposal for over a year now, yet
something just occured to me. Is it possible to compile individual
kernel modules outside of the actual kernel compilation? I still have
the full source directory of my latest kernel build in its entirety in
/usr/src, and I'd really like to compile a few modules without a) having
to sit through a full recompile and, more importantly b) give up my ~40
day uptime? (I know that 40 days probably isn't much to most people
here, but I'm never gonna make it to 360 days if I can't even go 40! :)

Considering that I still have the source directory, I'd IMAGINE that it
would be possible to do this, but I have no idea how I might go about
it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I think you could do 'make oldconfig', select the modules you want,
exit, then 'make modules', then 'make modules_install'.