Re: squirrelmail users can't login after 1.3.2 update

martin f krafft said:
> after the upgrade to squirrelmail 1.3.2, users can't log in anymore. all
> they see is the message
>
>   ERROR
>   You must be logged in to access this page.
>
> upon entering the correct user and password. there are no bugs about this,
> and i have no idea where to start the diagnosis. anyone else come across
> this?

if you can't resolve it here I reccomend trying the squirrelmail list.

this particular message from squirrelmail is VERY old. I first encountered
it over a year ago. It was very common back then up until about 6 months
ago when most people were able to get it resolved.

For me, the resolution was to use mod_php instead of using php as a cgi(which
is the reccomended configuration for SM according the last docs I saw, I use
1.2.9). Though last I checked the debian version also used mod_php. There
were a number of other possible resolutions(I don't remember), consulting
the SM list may help.

before I discovered this workaround for my situation I was forced to use
php 4.0.x in order to avoid this message.

it may be a bug relating to a new version of php in whatever debian
your running, or a configuration change or something ..or a bug in SM..but
whatever the case, its not a new message.

nate
(SM user since 1/2001)