RE: how to maintain /var on a debian system

This is my favorite DU for investigating these things...

du --summarize --human-readable * (executed from /var, at first)

-----Original Message-----
From: nick lidakis [mailto:nick.lidakis@verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 11:21 PM
To: Debian
Subject: how to maintain /var on a debian system

I have tried googling and looking at ldp.org for this answer, but I can't
seem to find anything relevant. How does one maintain /var? I'm trying to
apt-get dist-upgrade my laptop and it's telling me I dont have enough space
to hold all the debs. df shows 92% used out a 300MB partition. /var seems to
be slowly filling up, but what can I safely delete from var to trim it down?