compiling NVidia - some progress

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the help so far.
I really felt sooo stupid when I suddenly found my
kernel version is NOT 2.4.18 - it's 2.2.20
I assumed it was 2.4.18 as the debian has been
installed a yesterday - anyway I found I had to use
uname -r to get the correct kernel version.

I now cleaned the /usr/src/ folder so it just
contained the rpm folder and then downloaded the
nvidia sources;
Now, I've got some part compiled.

In the nvidia kernel README it says:
to build the nvidia package: cd
/usr/src/modules/nvidia-1.0.4191
debian/rules binary_modules
 This is still a prob - I can edit the Makefile in the
modules/nvidia-kernel-1.0.4191/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191
and at last it now compiles - but it just creates a
nvidia.o file which is (I think) just a part of the
driver. How do I make it compile the rest ?
Thanks in advance
PS: I found how to use apt-get to install lynx-ssl
which means it's easier to email now