Re: minimal impact kernel upgrade

heya,

if you're going from one debian-supplied kernel to another, i
don't imagine that you'll horribly break anything.  worst case
scenario, you can tell lilo to boot into linux.old and have
your old system back.  some stuff i'd hold onto is

- your current kernel's config options (/boot/config-2.4.19)
- the output of lsmod
- and a copy of /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf just for kicks.

i think the first one is the most important.  you can compare it
to whatever gets installed by the next kernel to find specific
differences.

	sean