Window Manager doesn't start
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Window Manager doesn't start
- From: Harvey Kelly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:11:36 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20030114151136.GA732@clara.co.uk>
- In-reply-to: <20030114150952.6CCA61F466@murphy.debian.org>
- References: <E18YSVbemail@example.com> <20030114145744.B080B1F530@murphy.debian.org> <20030114150551.GA711@clara.co.uk> <20030114150952.6CCA61F466@murphy.debian.org>
Apologies: I'm using Mutt instead of KMail to write this (due to reason listed below) and can't remember how to get vim to wrap. Sorry.
Don't know what has happened. Wasn't doing anything unusual yesterday.
But now after I type startx I don't get a window manager (and I've tried
kde, gnome, blackbox). X itself starts, I get the nasty nvidia logo
splash screen, but then it shuts down - and this with root too. Why has
it started messing me around?