Re: Easiest Nameserver

At 2003-01-13T16:49:26Z, "Derrick 'dman' Hudson" <dman@dman.ddts.net> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 09:05:39AM -0600, Kirk Strauser wrote:

>> and writing your "zone files" (which you'll have to do regardless of what
>> DNS software you which to use).

> Technically this isn't true.  A DNS server isn't required to store the
> zones in the same format as bind.

Well, OK, that's true.  I should've said "(which you'll have to do or
simulate...)"

> djbdns comes to mind, as (IIRC) it stores the records as funkily named
> empty files in a certain directory.

That's a surprise.  ;-)

> This is not meant to start an ISC vs. DJB (vs. others) war, but merely to
> point out that different systems can choose to have a different admin
> interface.

True.  I guess you can replace "writ[e] your zone files" with "create a
representation of your zone".

Out of curiosity, does an analog to O'Reilly's "DNS and BIND" exist for
djbdns?
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.