Re: Removed from lists due to email errors.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 12:37:35PM -0800, Xavian-Anderson Macpherson wrote:
> "Your mail address, primarycausality@attbi.com, has been removed
> from the following mailing lists, because it generated an
> exessive number of bounced mails:"

bounced messages are normally not generated by mail clients like Kmail
and mozilla, but by mail servers like exim or -most likely- the one at
your IPS.  One reason for your IPS's mail server to bounce messages is
that your mailbox overthere is full.

> Someone else mention the same thing to me before, but I have no idea
> what is causing it or how to fix it.  I have no idea what I may have
> done to cause this.  All I know is that Kmail wound up duplicating
> emails in my mail box.  So I went back to using mozilla.  I didn;t know
> that it was causing the same problem remotely.  But I guess that is
> what's happening.  So how do I fix this?  Please help!!

more likely, but all depending on your particular setup, there is a
hickup in the process getting your email from your IPS to your system.
I once had a message that gave rise to an error during retrieval, my
fetchmail process barked off leaving all just retrieved mail on the
server.  So the next run I got the same mail (duplicates all over the
place:) and the same error until I deleted the offending mail in my
IPS's mailbox by hand.

--
groetjes, carel