Re: do amd processors work well with debian?

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 05:00, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> hello all
>
> i have used installed debian on pentium 3 and celeron without much
> trouble.
>
> typically, i have found out that the amd processors are less expensive
> than the intel ones. so, for a new pc was toying with the idea of going
> in for an amd processor. athlon or duron?
>
> any feedback if the sailing with amd processors is as smooth as intel
> ones.

Sure, they work great.  I've had and have a K6-III, an Athlon-C and
an Athlon XP running Linux, and all has been perfect.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |