Re: RFC: an introduction to configuring sawfish

Hello Adam.

Adam (ack94598@yahoo.com) wrote:
> I have written an introduction to configuring sawfish, called "How To
>  Make Sawfish Do Nothing".  The official version is and will be at
> http://www.ideogram.com/do-nothing/sawfish.html A text version is
> included below for your convenience.
>
> The target audience is the novice Linux user who may not even know
> programming but can still benefit from sawfish's configurability.
>
> The environment assumed is Debian/Woody and GNOME 2.  (Instructions
> on how to install GNOME 2 on Debian/Woody will be in another
> document).
>
> Any and all comments are welcome, from technical corrections to style
>  suggestions to HTML critiques.
>
> Eventually I hope to add more in the series such as "How To Make GNU
> Emacs Do Nothing", "How To Make Gnome-Terminal Do Nothing", and "How
> To Make The Gnome Desktop Do Nothing".
>
> Please do link to the page if you find it worthy.
>
> Some specific questions I have:
>
> Right now the instructions use the Configurator to set three
> keybindings that could equally well be set in ~/.sawfishrc.  Reasons
> to put it in the .sawfishrc are (1) I seem to run into a bug losing
> the root menu when I set too many keybindings at once, and (2)
> setting them in the .sawfishrc makes the instructions shorter.  Which
>  do you prefer?
>
> How do I set a paragraph style not to leave blank lines between
> paragraphs?
>
> I am now subscribed to all mailing-lists receiving this message so no
>  separate email to me is needed.

Looks good! I cannot see any copyright though. You might consider the
GNU Free Documentation Licence. Just add this to the top of your doc:

Copyright © 2003 your-name (your-email). Permission is granted to copy,
distribute and/or modify this document with no Invariant Sections, with
no Front-Cover texts and with no Back-Cover Texts under the terms of the
GNU Free Documentation License, version 1.1 or any later version,
published by the Free Software Foundation. A copy of the license can be
found at http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/fdl.html

You might also consider posting your docs on the Newbiedoc website
(http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/)

If you join the Newbiedoc list you will find the people very friendly,
and they will guide you through the process. (http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/newbiedoc-discuss)

I will cc this message to the Newbiedoc list.

Cheers,

--
Chris Lale             <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk>