Re: ppp connection is terminated after 2 hours

Anthony Campbell wrote:

On 12 Jan 2003, Sven Bornemann wrote:
John Hasler wrote:

Sven writes:

I think somehow I must make the ISP server belief that I just logged on,
while I'm online for one and a half our or so...
Or just add the 'persist' option so that pppd dials up again whenever it
gets disconnected.

But then my Gnutella downloads are interrupted overnight etc...
I know that the persist option works perfectly for reconnecting
but it does not keep the connection alive.

Sven

As far as I know there is no way to do this if it is a "feature" of your
ISP - it is of mine. I'm prepared to live with it, if it makes it easier
to connect when I dial up.

AC

But when I was running Gentoo Linux, I just configured my connection
with pppconfig and it worked perfectly somehow...
and I didn't have to change a thing.
That's why I'm wondering whether
it is just a configuration problem or not.

Sven