Enabling Serial ports

Yikes... I didn't realize how inexperienced I was with using my serial
ports in Linux until I started trying to play with a little Intrinsyc
CerfCube here.

Kernel 2.4.18 with the serial module compiled into the kernel.
dmesg | less shows mention of /dev/ttyS02 and /dev/ttyS03 on irq 4 and
3, respectively. But of course, /dev/ttyS02 and 03 don't exist in /dev.
I was thinking /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1 would be more standard for
serial ports, but minicom can't seem to find anything on those ports,
even when logged in as root.

Anyone have some pointers, or urls so I can read the documentation? I
did some brief looking through the kernel documentation, as well as a
google search for "debian cerfcube", but didn't find much.

TIA,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/