Re: what can be done with broken packages

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:21:39AM +0100, Roland Wegmann wrote:
> I installed aptitude and therefore find out that I have some broken
> packages on my debian powerpc box (testing).
>
> cpp-2.95, perl, perl-base, libstdc++2.10-glibc2.10
>
> What does a broken package mean? And how can I made a package 'unbroken'?

A package is considered broken when there are some dependancy-related
problems. You can fix broken packages by upgrading, downgrading,
installing, placing on hold, or removing packages. As you are using
aptitude, you can easily find the broken packages by entering ~b into
the search dialog. After going into the broken package's information,
look for any depends or conflicts lines that are listed in red. Then
resolve the dependancies.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com