Re: Samba and XP Pro

Quoting Michael West <web@mitzit.net>:

>   Searching google I get much confusing and contradictory information
>   about sharing files with Samba and XP pro.  Usually version
>   information is not given.  There are references to Samba patches,
>   and registry changes.  What is the current state of compatibility
>   with Woody ( Samba 2.2.3a-6 ) and XP pro?  Is there anything extra to
>   be done to get this working?
AFAIK, I think you setup samba normally, but to have XP login to domains you
need a reg hack. If you don't have domain logins, then all should be fine as
is.
This hack might have been for potato systems but I'm not quite sure. If your
domain logins fail, then apply the hack.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

Cheers,
Mike