Re: suggestions for a fast web browser?

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 05:35:36AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:

> I was at an Apple store yesterday and they were showing off their new
> Safari Open Source browser.  They sales people said it was nice because
> people used to look at IE to compare how fast the machine was (compared to
> Windows), at it was slow on the Apples.  So now they have Safari.
>
> And Apple also announced support for X11 on OS X.  Those machines are
> tempting.

Oh why oh why oh why oh why couldn't they have used Gecko?  It may not
be as fast KHTML, but it's actually standards compliant: CSS2, XHTML,
HTML 4.0, etc, etc, etc...Imagine if every site on the Internet had to
actually start caring about conforming to the W3C standards?  Utopia
would surely follow soon therafter!

-rob