Re: Changing default font

On Friday 10 January 2003 10:17, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:27:24AM +0330, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > Hi there:
> >
> > Two pretty simple questions:
> > 1. What is the directory, in which I shall copy a font, if I want that
> > font to be accessable by all users? It's a Unicode TTF font.
>
> /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ might be a good place.  Make sure it's listed
> in XF86Config-4 tho and that you rerun mkttfdir.
>
> > 2. In what config file does KDE saves the default fonts? I mean, I am
> > looking for a config file, which tells KDE the default font.
>
> Erk, some sort of registry hive under ~/.kde/, unfortunately.  I'm sure
> it's in there though, you'll just have to dig.
>
> > PS: I know both of these can be done by KDE Control Center, but I can't
> > use it, and I must change the font by editing a config file.
>
> Why, if I may ask?

Thanks rob
I got the job done.
Actually, I am rebuilding a KNOPPIX CD, and so I have to change all this
stuff, (as it is a live CD) without actually seeing my work, untill I
remaster it, and make a iso image, and burn it, and then, I can see what I
did.
It's like trying to change KDE settings while you don't have X. so you have to
know and dig all these rc files.

I still can't find one config file, what is the config file which K Menu
stores it's setings in?

Cheers
--
/*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.