USB Mouse Problem

I thought I was going to be able to get some sleep last night, but I
ended up staying up trying to get XFree86 working.  I have the nvidia
modules compiled in to my 2.4.20 kernel and I have my touchpad working
fine, but my USB mouse still needs help.

When I plug in the USB mouse an event is thrown to the console, which
looks like a good thing.  Also I have it defined in my XF86Config file.
Like so:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

(**) Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
(**) Mouse0: Protocol: "PS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
(**) Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
(**) Mouse0: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(==) Mouse0: Buttons: 3
(**) Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
(**) Mouse1: Protocol: "IMPS/2"
(**) Option "SendCoreEvents"
(**) Mouse1: always reports core events
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Mouse1: Buttons: 5
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "NVIDIA Kernel Input Handler"
(type: O
ther)

However, when I run X I can still only move the touchpad.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have tons more info about the
problem, but I am not sure what is useful.  It is an Intellimouse
Explorer btw.

Cheers,
Curtis