Re: Recommendation for dual head video card

Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> writes:
> Hum, well I need to read more.  I thought it was Xinerama that made the
> dual head thing workable -- using two as if one screen.  If you are not
> using Xinerama then can you describe your setup and what it's possible to
> do?

You need a window manager that understands that a display can have
more than one screen (I know fvwm and openbox both do).  Then you get
separate root windows on each screen, and anything you start appears
on the same screen you started it on.  If you like to do things by
hand, you can set DISPLAY to :0.0 or :0.1 to manually pick one or the
other.

	-- Abra Mitchell