[OT] clued verdicts...

On Friday 10 January 2003 17:25, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> > its about time someone did something, how do I join ??
>
> It's actions that define membership ;-)

BTW, there has been not only one, but _two_ clued verdicts in Norwegian
courts recently. In the other, the case was that a lawyer sent an
e-mail worth billions to the wrong address, then called up the guy who
owned the domain and wanted to buy it, but when this guy named his
prize, they called the police instead and complained about blackmail.

One of the gems of the acquittal was that unencrypted e-mail does not
deserve protection under criminal code, even though it was marked
confidential. One can only hope that it makes those lawyers act more
responsibly.

I might have had something to do with it, since I e-mailed the accused
with this idea for the defence. I have no idea if it made a difference,

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo