Re: (OT) Worst night ever. WAS Adding a ide drive to an all s csi comp uter

At 2003-01-10T05:27:34Z, Mike Dresser <mdresser_l@windsormachine.com> writes:

> "Where's the extinguisher?!?"

A few years ago, the big high-load PSU I'd just bought literally caught fire
inside the server it was installed in, so I swapped the old, low-load,
non-burning PSU back in and asked a friend to help me fix it.  He was a
better solderer than me, so he replaced a couple of power transistors and
declared it ready for testing.

He was bent over the PSU, staring intently into its innards, as he reached
over to touch the power switch...

Just as I popped a paper bag right behind his head.

Once we peeled him from the ceiling and installed a few beers in his gullet,
he agreed that it was sort of funny.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.