sftp access from ISP to home machine

I've got ssh working on my home machine, and I've added sftp as a subsystem.

Now when I try to run sfto from my ISP shell account I get prompted for a
password. Unfortunately, I don't get prompted for a username. And since my
user name on my home machine differs from that on the ISP's shell machine I
seem to be stuck.

With ssh I can use the -l option to overide this. How can I make sftp work?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin