Adding a ide drive to an all scsi computer

Greetings,

I hope you all can help me resolve my problem.

I am currently running Debian Sid on my computer.  I have 3 SCSI drives in
it and I would like to add a fourth IDE drive to it.  I have a 80 GB drive
that would be a great chunk-o-diskTM for me to store all kinds of goodies
on.  I originally built the system with one SCSI drive and later added the
two others.  This worked great for me!  But here's my problem.  I have heard
that by adding a IDE drive into the system I will no longer be able to boot
off of my SCSI drive.  Is that true?  I guess there is some BIOS issue with
that.  To add to the complexity of this, the drive has about 50 GB of data
that I want to keep... Oh, and it is formatted NTFS (Windows 2000).  Can I
add this IDE drive 'as is' without re-formatting it?  I seem to remember
seeing that I could mount a NTFS file system somewhere.

If you need more information, no problem.

Thanks so much,

Michael