Re: Internet troubles

Willem-Jan,

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 06:20:30PM +0100, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:

> After an install of two 100 mbit network card from sweex on my server I've
> got a weird problem. When I ping outside, it's okay. When I ping inside,
> it's okay. When I want to use internet on a normal day-to-day there's no
> connection. The firewall is configured properly, dhcpd works fine but I
> can't get a outside-connection. Ifconfig -a output is correct.

I assume this server is your firewall and you try to access the Internet from different
hosts on your 'inside' world, correct? What do you mean by "internet on a normal day-to-day"?
Could you just post

 - the network configuration (/etc/network/interfaces) of this server
 - the output of 'ifconfig -a' and 'netstat -rn' of this server
 - the rules of your firewall (if possible)

> I formatted twice and installed again but it didn't help. What's going wrong?

This hadn't been necessary -- I assume your server hasn't been configured for forwarding.

Regards,

	Klaus