Re: make CD of only newest 3 months of sid

Dan Jacobson wrote:

F> get those packages with wget -i file and put the on a cd or laptop

apparently figuring out by hand how much to put on each cd...
[PS, what happens one day when debian has one package so big that it
wont fit on one cd :-)]

I would be surprised if you managed to fill up one CD. A dist-upgrade from testing to unstable for me affects over 600 packages[more than half my system] but only needs 432 MB. This is one of the reasons that net-installs are encouraged over downloading cd images.