Re: KDE3 -- wich packages to download

On Saturday 04 January 2003 13:49, Haralambos Geortgilakis wrote:
> yep, it is not a good thing, when your debs fly into a mincer.
> For package managment, I love Synaptic. Give it a try. It is an apt
> front end.
> Now, to install Synaptic, type "apt-get install synaptic" at the command
> line and press Enter.
> Once apt has finished installing Synaptic, you can launch it by typing
> "synaptic" at the root user's command prompt (you can't run this program
> unless you are logged in as root).

WOW!  That is sharp!  I might be able to fix my KDE problem now.

For other Debian newbies that have busy lifestyles like me
and not alot of time to dig into things......check this out.

Very nice and visual.  Just what I need to figure things out....
(maybe next week when I get the time...hehe)

Thanks for the tip.  Hope it works for me!
Andy