Re: nVIdia nForce make error

Colin Watson wrote:
I posted a reply to this earlier. If you're not subscribed to the list,
you may want to check the archives.

Sorry about that-I was having trouble at my end with the SMTP server. I'm subscribed.

So, got nvnet make'd fine.  According to the readme,

alias eth0 nvnet
alias sound-slot-1 i810_audio
alias usb-interface usb-ohci

should be in /etc/modules.conf, and they're not. Is it contrary to Debian principles to add them directly or is that safe? The first three paragraphs of that file emphasise that it shouldn't be modified.

Maybe they didn't appear because the insertion of the i810 patch failed.

Thanks Colin and Alvin, you've both helped me numerous times before!

Tim