Fwd: Re: installing non-"stable" packages and software

Thank you for your help.  I found your "Debian Reference" invaluable.
I tried downgrading my system back to stable but ran into some problems
with dselect complaining about dependencies on non-existent packages
(no way out but Ctrl-C) so I just wiped the system and did a new
install (I was going to anyway).

I did a clean install of stable and then upgraded to gnome/unstable,
mozilla/unstable, and the CVS snapshot of gaim mentioned in the other
reply.  I had some configuration problems with Gnome but was able to
fix them.  Everything seems to be fine now.  Here are my /etc/apt
files:

----8<----preferences----8<----

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable