Re: Unknown NICs

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Matthias Krauss wrote:

> I've 3 NICs in my current SuSE box which is a 3com Etherlink a Realtek
> 8xxx and a winbound card included, they do work.  Now i like to
> migrate to Debian (woody) and noticed that in modconf the realtek and
> winbound is not present, the 3com i could load, alternative ne2000
> mods didn't work.

What kernel are you running?

I have realtek cards and I searched for those in modconf too until someone
pointed out that it was compiled into the kernel.

CONFIG_8139TOO=y

Not sure about this, though.  Here's the kernel I used to install:

$ fgrep BOND /boot/config-2.4.18-bf2.4-xfs
CONFIG_WINBOND_840=y
CONFIG_WINBOND_FIR=m

In my current kernel I have:

# CONFIG_WINBOND_840 is not set