Re: SOLVED: Still have no idea of the xhost replacement

Abdul Latip said:

> IT WORKS! Thank you very much! May I know for what is
> "-nolisten tcp" in xserverrc?

sure, glad to help. the nolisten tcp is to prevent the X server
from listening for connections on TCP ports. SSH bypasses this by
tunneling the connection over the SSH connection and(I think)
connecting to the X server via sockets instead.

nolisten tcp breaks setups that depend upon exporting the
display e.g. export DISPLAY=remote.server:0.0

nate