Re: Using an X app

Dominic Iadicicco <dnotch825@yahoo.com> writes:
> My question is: Do you have to run an windows manager in order to
> use an application?

You shouldn't, but...

> I have the .xinitrc file just starting mozilla and it starts fine.
> I have access to the mouse but the keyboard does not let me type
> anything.

...people around here have noticed Mozilla in particular behaving
badly in this sort of way in the absence of a window manager.  A very
small minority seem to like ratpoison; its Debian package description
claims it has no window decorations.  You might try it here.

	-- Abra Mitchell