Re: Auto-start Driver

Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
Hello,

My sound card uses the emu10k1 driver and it works well, is there a way to load the driver automatically at first boot? Right now I have to start it manually.

Regards,

Willem-Jan Meijer

A more elegant way is to put the line "alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1" in /etc/modutils/aliases, assuming the sound card is your first sound card.
An update-modules update your /etc/modules.conf.
That's all.
Whenever there is access to your sound device, the driver ist loaded "automagically".

Michael
E-Mail: biebl@teco.edu
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany