Re: USB Mouse not working

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 00:20:59 -0800 (PST), suresh kumar sharma
<suresh_kr_sharma@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been trying to install a logitech optical mouse
> on my laptop through USB,but it does not work
> I have loaded input,usbcore,usb-uhci,and hid modules
> .I get light on the mouse and when I check dmesg I can
> see that it recoganises the mouse.
> "input0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB-PS/2
> Optical Mouse] on usb1:2.0"
> but it does not work .
> I am using kernel 2.4.20 and have CONFIG_HID_HIDINPUT
> option as yes .

Putting "linux usb" into Google will give you a number of links. The
second link is "The Linux USB sub-system". I recommend to your
attention the first three sections of Ch 2. The section "USB Human
Interface Device (HID) Configuration" covers USB mice. It is an
excellent, clear and thorough exposition including detailed
instructions, and will tell you everything you need to know. If
something is not clear, ask the list, or any general Linux forum.

                                                Faheem.