Traceroute error.

This is a repost. Please forgive me. I do not subscribe to this e-mail list. Please e-mail me back with comments. Thank you so much. It's a woody system with 3.0 on it. i386 2.2.19

Greetings. I have what is probably a simple question.

Traceroute is unusable. It errors out like so:

debian:~# /usr/bin/traceroute www.google.com
traceroute: Warning: findsaddr: error sending netlink message:
Connection refused
traceroute: Warning: ip checksums disabled
traceroute to www.google.com (216.239.33.100), 30 hops max, 38 byte
packets
 1  * * *
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6  * * *
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  * * *
12  * * *
13  * * *
14  * * *
15  * * *
16  * * *
17  * * *
18  * * *
19  * * *

And so on. I'm trying to figure out why I can telnet, ssh, irc, ident
connect to, ping, nmap, and all kinds of other activity off of the
box, but not traceroute. It does this on two different machines, at
two different sites. They are both behind linksys routers, but seem to
function fine with them.

If anyone has any information, please post it here.

or e-mail me, retailmessiahNO@SPAMhotmail.com