Re: initializing linux partitions after installation

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 12:13:21AM -0500, jereme wrote:
> I'll explain how to get /home setup, /tmp will be pretty much the
> same without the need for moving over old files.
>
> Log your user out everywhere, X, VT's and then log in as root, don't
> su -.
>
> First you need to know ...
<snip>
> You should then be all set, you will want to update /etc/fstab so hda4
> always comes up mounted on /home, follow the format of the other
> entry's or post for more help.

very nicely done. well explained. kudos!

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #55 from Alvin Oga <aoga@Mail.Linux-Consulting.com>
:
Been thinking about HOW TO BACK UP YOUR DEBIAN SYSTEM? There's
a whole website just for you:
	http://www.Linux-Backup.net/app.gwif.html
Concepts, methods, applications, procedures... Have a look!