Re: how to rename multiple files

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Mark Zimmerman wrote:

> Yes, but that's not all. Setting MATCH=*.jpg does not seem to trigger
> the globbing function in bash, to my surprise. The following does
> work, though:
>
> shopt -s nullglob
> MATCH=$(printf %s *.jpg)
> if [ -n "$MATCH" ]; then SOME=TRUE; else SOME=FALSE; fi

Ok, I realize this is about how to rename in a shell script, but...

Sure seems like this is one of those problems that Perl would make simple.

I'd probably call perl from procmail, split out the mime parts, create a
unique file name and perhaps update a database index and then set a flag
so a cron will see an update and generate a new web page using
Tempate-Toolkit...

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org