Re: Switching to GNOME2

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:46:55 -0600, "Scott C. Linnenbringer"
<sl@eskimo.com> wrote :

> Secondly, I want to customize the theme. I've decided to use Metacity,
> but I assume I have to use a GTK theme, too, to get the themed
> menubar, buttons, boxes, et cetera. I've been able to use apt to
> download some themes, but all of the ones I grab from Freshmeat only
> change the coloring scheme. The interface still looks the same other
> than a new color.

More GNOME themes are available at http://art.gnome.org. I personally
use the mist engine, available at
http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/mist/.
It comes with both the GTK and GTK2 themes. It makes minor changes
to the way the UI looks instead of just changing the color of the theme.

> Thirdly, I plan on using pan as my newsclient and am looking for a
> mailer. Sylpheed looks good, and it will be the one I intend to use if
> no others are found, but it doesn't utilize GTK2. What other options
> do I have?

Balsa utilizes GTK2. I haven't tried it out yet though. I use
Sylpheed-claws (http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/) for reading all
mail from mailing lists since its amazingly fast. I also use Evolution
for
all my personal email and calendering needs.

--
Regards,

Jeremy Tan